CHAMPIONS OF PRO BONO SPONSORSHIP
The Corporate Counsel Section of the State Bar of Texas (“Section”) invites you to participate in our 2018-2019 Champions of Pro Bono program to provide pro bono opportunities for in-house counsel and support pro bono organizations throughout Texas. Participation in this program not only will provide a positive, lasting impact on the Texas community but also an opportunity to highlight and expose your firm or organization to more than 4,800 Section members as follows:
PLATINUM LEVEL ($5,000) - CHAMPIONS OF PRO BONO RECEIVE:
- All of the Gold Level benefits below, PLUS
- Opportunities to submit articles to our Currents newsletter and ideas for CLE presentations directly to Section Committee Chairs
- Special recognition on on-site signage with full-color logo at the Advanced In-House Counsel, In-House 101 CLE programs, and other selected Section only sponsored events
- Recognition on Back Cover of Corporate Counsel Review distributed twice annually to our 4,500-plus members
- Opportunities to speak at major Section only sponsored programs
GOLD LEVEL ($2,500) –CHAMPIONS OF PRO BONO RECEIVE:
- Prominent listing and full-color logo and firm profile with website link on the Section website:http://www.texascorporatecounsel.com/
- Special “thank you” in our Currents newsletter and on Section emails sent to more than 4,600 Section members, including full-color logo recognition
- The opportunity for your attorneys to participate on Section Committees
- Recognition on the Advanced In-House Counsel and In-House 101 brochures mailed to attorneys licensed by the State Bar of Texas (“SBOT”)
- Recognition on the Advanced In-House Counsel and In-House 101 Facebook event page for the CLEs
- Podium recognition at the SBOT Annual Advanced In-House Counsel, In-House 101 CLE programs, and other selected Section only sponsored events, including recognition by the presiding officer in Welcoming Remarks
- Recognition in PowerPoint slide rotation, including a special event slide with full‐color logo, shown between sessions at the Advanced In-House Counsel and In-House 101 CLE programs and during conference breaks
Since 1997, the Corporate Counsel Section has given more than $680,000 to worthy organizations across Texas through the efforts of its Pro Bono & Grants Committee. In 2018, the Section granted nearly $50,000 to specific initiatives submitted by American Gateways, The Beacon, Catholic Charities Caritas Legal Services, Human Rights Initiative of North Texas, Lone Star Legal Aid, Tahirih Justice Center, Texas C-Bar, Voluntary Legal Services of Central Texas, and the Texas Access to Justice Foundation (to support veterans pro bono programs). Other grant recipients in prior years include Disability Rights Texas, Metroplex Veterans Legal Services, Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, Advocate Legal Senior Center, and Texas Legal Services Center.
Sponsorships towards this program will help the Section continue providing pro bono assistance to those organizations in need. Because the Section is fully committed to providing resources to pro bono organizations in Texas, sponsorship funds will be dedicated to grant recipients that are carefully selected by the Section’s Pro Bono and Grants Committee through a rigorous application process. A list of all of the grants made by the Pro Bono & Grants Committee is available on our website at http://www.texascorporatecounsel.com/.
* PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CORPORATE COUNSEL SECTION IS NOT A 501(C)(3) ORGANIZATION AND CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE SECTION ARE NOT DEDUCTIBLE AS CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR TAX ADVISOR REGARDING THE QUALIFICATION OF A CONTRIBUTION AS A BUSINESS EXPENSE DEDUCTION.
 Logo recognition on emails may be subject to space availability.
 This benefit is for all Champions who make their commitment prior to February 15th or the print deadline for the brochure, whichever is later.